Sat, 26 Feb|
The Australian Animal Protection Society
Basic Echocardiography Course (2 days)
This fantastic course combines Basic Echocardiography theory and a large amount of practical cardiac scanning so that each attendant gets confident with Cardiac cases triage and MMVD basic EPIC scanning Technique. Course is tailored for only 12 participants for optimum practical learning experience!
Time & Location
26 Feb, 8:30 am AEDT – 27 Feb, 5:00 pm AEDT
The Australian Animal Protection Society, Aegean Ave, Keysborough VIC 3173, Australia
About the event
This course will allow you to get confident in obtaining consistently the Standard Echocardiographic views and in performing the Basic B and M-mode echocardiographic measurements. You will learn how to use those new skills in the daily general practice, being taught how to perform an EPIC ultrasound (for the classification of Myxomatous Mitral Valve Disease patients) and how to triage Emergency cases; especially for feline emergencies.
Cost: $2750 (including GST)
DAY 1: Right Parasternal Standard Cardiac Views 2D and M-mode Basic measurements
- 8.30am - 10.30am Introduction (Technical background of Ultrasound, machine requirement, probes… Right parasternal approach and normal cardiac anatomy
- 10.30am - 10.45am Coffee break
- 10.45am - 12.30pm Echo lab: Right parasternal Standard views (5 chamber, 4 chamber, Short Axis views (LA/Ao, MV, LV), Ao/PA,)
- 12.30pm ‐ 1.30pm Lunch break
- 1.30pm - 2.30pm 2D and M-mode Basic measurements & EPIC scanning protocol
- 2.30pm - 3.30pm Echolab Practice: Right Parasternal Views - Further practice
- 3.30pm ‐ 3.45pm Coffee break
- 3.45pm - 5.00pm Echolab Practice: 2D and M-mode cardiac measurements & Case discussion
DAY 2: Left Parasternal approach and Feline specials
- 8.30am - 10.30am Left parasternal approach
- 10.30am - 11.30am Feline Specials (Scanning technique/Interpretation keys)
- 11.30am - 11.45am Coffee break
- 11.45am - 12.15pm Echo lab: Case Triage and Feline Echocardiography cases review and discussion
- 12.15pm - 1.15pm Lunch break
- 1.15pm - 2.45pm Echo Lab: Practice Left Parasternal views
- 2.45pm - 3.00pm Coffee break
- 3.00pm - 4.00pm Basic Doppler Principle
- 4.00pm - 5.00pm Echo Lab: Right & Left parasternal views practice and Basic Doppler interrogation, Course wrap up
Dr Veronica Damian MVZ, MVS, MANZCVSc (Radiology)
Veronica studied a Bachelor in Veterinary Science at UNAM Mexico. (Honours and University Medal) and a Master in Veterinary Studies (Radiology) at The University of Melbourne NVE (2008)
She is Member of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists (MANZCVSc Radiology) 2009, Australasian Association of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging since 2003 and American Colleage of Veterinary Radiology since 2003.
She is founder and director of Soundiagnosis, a Mobile Veterinary Ultrasound company for small animal practices in Melbourne Australia where she has trained all the vets within the team. She has been performing Diagnostic Ultrasound since 2004 in Mexico City and since 2009 in Australia.
She was head of the Radiology Department at the University (UNAM Cuautitlan) in Mexico and has taught many veterinary students and graduates how to perform ultrasounds.
She also has given talks, seminars, webinars and workshops in Australia and overseas.
Her bubbly personality and passion for Ultrasound will make you fall in love of this Diagnostic modality.
Dr Myriam Baranger-Ete DVM EMSAVM MRCVS
Myriam obtained her DVM degree from l’ Ecole Nationale Veterinaire d'Alfort (France), with an externship at the University of Montreal (Canada) and a Masters degree in Small Animal Veterinary Medicine (Internal Medicine & Diagnostic Imaging) at the European School of Advanced Veterinary Studies (University of Luxemburg).
She is Member of the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (London), l' Ordre National des Veterinaires (France), Veterinary Surgeons Board of Hong Kong and the AVA Singapore.
She is active Member of the European Society of Veterinary Cardiology, International Veterinary Ultrasound Society and Australasian Association of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging.
She was Co-founder and Director of “Hong Kong Mobile Veterinary Ultrasound Service" (2013-2018), “Asia Veterinary Diagnostics” (first veterinary specialty laboratory in Asia) ; and is now Director of “International Veterinary Services” (Hong Kong), “Singapore Veterinary Imaging”, “ Mobile Ultrasound Service” (Kuala Lumpur) and Regional Director for Asia Veterinary Diagnostics Laboratories (Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia).
She is passionate about Diagnostics and Education in general and has been providing Small Animal Mobile Ultrasound Referral Service and Ultrasound Education (Courses/ Workshops/ In-clinic training) over Asia since 2013.
Myriam has years of experience training veterinarians around the world in the area of Diagnostic Ultrasound and is now thrilled to also be also contributing to Veterinary Ultrasound Education in Australia and New Zealand with the Soundiagnosis Academy.
She is practical and gives 1000% in every workshop and course she delivers. Her energetic and engaging personality will make you want to take more courses with her.
COVID note: We are committed to deliver and you are committed to learn. In case of COVID restrictions that would prevent us from delivering the course at the scheduled days, Soundiagnosis Academy will look at rescheduling, explore other options or get a refund if all previous options are not possible. (updated 06/09/2021)
BASIC COURSE ECHOCARDIOGRAPHY